- Deborah and Barak sing a song praising God for Israel’s victory over Sisera and King Jabin.
- They sing critically about how the Israelites did nothing until God called Deborah, “a mother in Israel,” to rise.
- They praise the tribe of Zebulun and the other Israelites who joined to fight.
- They mock the tribes of Reuben and Dan for not joining. “Why did you stay?”
- They praise Jael for her assassination of Sisera, calling her “most blessed of tent-dwelling women.”
- They even mock Sisera’s mother, imagining her wondering, “Why is [Sisera’s] chariot so long in coming?” (!)
- They close by singing, “So may all your enemies perish, LORD! But may all who love You be like the sun when it rises in its strength.”
- The land has peace for 40 years.
Have been hearing alot about Deborah, Barak, and just nice saw this!
this guy is drawing through the Bible! Depicting every chapter with an illustration! =OOO (Y) (Y) (Y)